Learn more about events in support of Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) across the country, as well as tips and tricks for your event!

July 14, 2016

Jitter Bug: How Huntington disease and tattoos collided

Hedley Cullen’s (AKA Jitter Bug) regular visits to Incendiary Tattoos inspired a creative new fundraising idea! Hedley’s Tats for a Cure event started in 2014 with support from this tattoo shop and raised $2500. This year at Tats 2.0, they doubled their revenue, gave out 91 tattoos and served over 100 people at their BBQ.
Hedley served for 26 years in the Canadian Navy and retired due to his symptoms of Huntington disease (HD).  Upon his retirement, Hedley searched for a new community to be involved in and found Incendiary Tattoos where friendships were quickly formed. In past years, the shop artists have purchased awareness decals that Hedley was selling in support of Huntington disease. This sparked their support for the Huntington Society of Canada and their friend Hedley, who they affectionately refer to as “Jitter Bug”.
The owner Jim suggested holding an event at their shop and they connected with the South Vancouver Island Chapter to get involved. At this event, individuals donated $40-$60 and received a HD themed tattoo, whether it was the amaryllis flower, the HSC logo or new this year, the semi-colon. Patrons also enjoyed a BBQ that day!
Hedley shared his excitement about arriving for set-up that day to a line of people outside the shop, followed by another highlight: All of Hedley’s friends at the shop getting Jitter Bug tattoos in his honour. We are all so grateful for the friends at Incendiary Tattoos, who donated their space, time and talents for this event.
Hedley’s positive attitude and friendliness has inspired the shop to commit to a yearly Tats fundraiser! Tats 3.0 is being held May 13th 2017, and the community is already excited!
To learn more about Tats 3.0 click here!
To see photos from this year’s event, click here!
Do you have a new and exciting event idea, tell us about it here

1 comment:

  1. So is possible that HIV Disease can be cured because I have been scammed so many times not until I came across this great man herbalist Dr Akhigbe who helped me at first I never believe all this comment and post about him and I was very sick because I have been infected with HIV/AIDS for the past two year,just last 2 months I keep reading the testimony about this man named Dr Akhigbe they said that the man is so powerful he have cured different type of diseases, I keep monitoring his post of some people about this man and I found out that he was real so I decided to give him a trial I contacted him for help and he said he was going to help me get my cure that all I needed to do was to send him money to prepare the medication after which it will be sent to me via DHL courier delivery services which I did to my greatest surprise the medication was sent to me he gave me instructions to follow on how to drink it that after  three weeks I should go for check up,after taking the medicine and follow his instruction after three weeks I went back to the hospital for another test, at first I was shocked when the doctor told me that I was  negative I ask the doctor to check again and the result was still the same negative that was how I free from  HIV VIRUS at of the shock I decided to come and share my own testimony with you for those who think there is no cure for HIV VIRUS the cure as finally come'  out stop doubting and contact Dr Akhigbe via email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com he will help you out you can also whatsApp him via +2348142454860 he is also perfect in curing DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MALARIA , BACTERIA DIARRJHEA, MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA, KIDNEY DISEASE,, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, OSTEOPOROSIS, RABIESRHEUMATISM, THYROID, GALLSTONE, COLD & FLU, HUNTINGTON'S DISEASE, CIRRHOSIS, DENGUE FEVER, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION. etc believe me that deadly disease is not longer a deadly sentence because dr akhigbe has the cure.the godfather of herbal root.email: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com         whatsapp number.  +2349010754824 website: https://drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete